The BC Ministry of Education has revealed its staged plan for a partial return to in-class instruction for Kindergarten to Grade 12 students: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/education/administration/kindergarten-to-grade-12/safe-caring-orderly/k-12-education-restart-plan.pdf Beginning on June 1, 2020, schools in BC will move from Stage 4 to Stage 3 of the plan. This means that SD84 will make available all the services that were being offered under Stage 4 as well as:
- The equivalent of two days per week of in-class learning for students in Kindergarten to Grade 5;
- The equivalent of one day per week of in-class learning for students in Grades 6 to 12;
- And remote and online learning for those students whose parents choose to keep them at home.
- Parents will be required to remind their children of the requirement to maintain proper physical distancing, to avoid any contact with other students and staff, to screen their children’s health daily and to keep them home if they exhibit any symptoms of illness.
- Students will be washing their hands multiple times each day and being expected to minimize any physical contact with others as well as practicing proper physical distancing and not sharing food or any other items with others.
- Schools will ensure safe procedures are in place for student drop off and pick up, entering and exiting the building and classrooms, taking part in classes, hand washing and bathroom use.
- Schools will be set up differently to ensure safe distancing wherever possible, barriers where appropriate and will be cleaned more frequently.